Monday, April 26, 2010

The Art of Deception


"What's your vice?
You know that mine's the illusion"
(All The Right Moves by OneRepublic)
...

dis·il·lu·sion (dĭs'ĭ-lōō'zhən)
To free or deprive of illusion.
n. 1.The act of disenchanting.

2.The condition or fact of being disenchanted.

You know that feeling of complete contentment and happiness? It was not so long ago that I actually felt it. And now, that things have changed so much for me, I feel let down. Which again, could be because of my ridiculously high expectations from not only everyone else but myself too :P but in this case it was a different kind of disappointment.
And now I've been * disillusioned *. A beautiful-sounding word isn't it? With a
not-so-beautiful and rather saddening meaning...

"I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a cue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy"
(Over My Head by The Fray)

---

No comments:

Post a Comment